Tuesday, March 29, 2011

GaGa to co-direct 'Judas' video

GaGa has revealed that she will co-direct the music video for her next single 'Judas'.

Speaking during a video interview with Google, the singer was asked if she could respond to 643 fan questions about the second track to be lifted from her new album Born This Way.

"I'm very excited," she said. "Actually, I can exclusively reveal here at Google that I will be making my directorial debut with Laurieann Gibson [creative director], directing this video with her ourselves.

"It's no surprise I'm sure to many of you, that 'Judas' is a man of the biblical senses. So expect to see some symbolism in this video."

GaGa explained: "So the song is about honouring your darkness, in order to bring yourself into the light. It's kind of what I just mentioned to you about if you're standing in the light, you will cast a shadow. I have been haunted by my past for a very long time.

"Actually that is a recurring theme on the album - it is a lot to do with identity and being able to proud and say, 'I was born this way'. I was haunted by being able to go back to New York, being able to go back to my past, being able to understand why I made certain decisions that instead of regretting them, I chose to embrace and understand why I made those choices."

"What the song 'Judas' is about is, you have to look into what's haunting you and you need to learn to forgive yourself in order to move on," she added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment