Saturday, March 5, 2011

DJ White Shadow Calls 'Government Hooker' A 'Beast'


DJ White Shadow sat down with MTV News to discuss “Government Hooker”, a track Gaga previewed at the Thierry Mugler Womenswear show earlier this week.

To me, that song is my favorite song, and it’s just a beast,” he told MTV News. “I don’t even know how to explain it. [Born This Way] is not a pop album; it’s a pop masterpiece of music. If there was no category of pop music, you wouldn’t call it pop music.

He went on to explain how the track came to fruition while in a studio in Las Vegas:

We were in this studio in Vegas, and I was playing some hip-hop stuff for Gaga’s label boss Vince Herbert, and I ran across this old beat I had made, and we were talking about faster songs, so I sped it up and I played it for Vince. He was like, ‘Whoa.’ She walked in, and I played it for her and Fernando. She laid it out in two seconds. She sang over the melody and tuned it up and put the chorus in. She finished it super quick. The guy that’s actually talking, that’s her security guard. We were sitting there thinking how to make a computerized voice, so we were like, ‘Let’s get Pete in here.’ He’s got a super-thick Dutch accent, and he’s trying to read off paper. It was insane, and he just talks like that. That’s what it’s like working with Gaga. It’s like a fucking supernova. When she walks into a room, things explode.

1 comments:

You must be jokin' said...

All heard before .... pipe down

Post a Comment