Friday, August 6, 2010

Gaga's 13 VMA Nods Are 'Well-Deserved,' Jason Derulo Says


Jason Derülo is up for two Moonmen at the 2010 Video Music Awards, and while he's still reeling from his own news, he also extended congrats to his former Monster Ball tourmate, Lady Gaga.

"I think that's incredible," he told MTV News about Gaga's record-setting nods. "I mean, 13 nominations, I think that's the most in history. I'm really excited for her. I think she deserves it, like, to the fullest extent."

And Derülo knows exactly why Gaga should take home a few of those awards come September 12. "I'm proud of her and honored that she invited me on tour with her," he said. "She's one of the hardest-working people that I've ever met. So it's well-deserved."

While he won't be facing off with Gaga at the show, he is up against Eminem (who has eight nominations) for Best Male Video. Derülo said he wouldn't be too upset if he lost to Em. "It's really cool, because I'm so glad to see Eminem back," he said. "He's such an industry heavyweight, and even though he's noted so high, I still think he's underrated. He's by far one of the best MCs ever to me."

With the news still sinking in, Derülo doesn't even care if he wins an actual Moonman; the nominations feel like enough of a gift. "I'm not really worried about it at all. I'm really honored that I was nominated. If somebody wants to put me in that category — it's amazing. To come where I came from to be nominated is really special in its own right," he added. "I already feel like a winner. The fact that I can share my music and the world will listen is enough."

0 comments:

Post a Comment