Friday, November 19, 2010

New Album Is "Crazy" And "Amazing"

Akon is one of the few people lucky enough to hear Lady GaGa's forthcoming Born This Way album, and he's impressed by the star's new songs.

Discussing the follow-up to The Fame: Monster, the singer said: "Well, Gaga and her follow-up, I've definitely heard [it], and what I can really tell you about it is the fact that I'm excited - and I'm hard to excite.

"I'm really hard to excite, 'cause my big question was like, 'Wow, how are you going to outdo yourself on this one? Do you realize how big you are? Do you know how big you really are? How are you going to outdo yourself?'"

Akon added to MTV: "If I was going to compare it to her previous work, I would definitely say it's a notch up. It's like she's slowly taking you on to this journey down this road.

"If she were to just drastically do it, she probably would have lost everybody from the first album, but once the sound was created and established, now we can use that as a tool to grab all the monsters and walk them down this graveyard. It's crazy. It's amazing."

Lady GaGa releases Born This Way in early 2011 and Akon releases his own new album Akonic next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment